We are super excited to now stock Manic Panic!
- Temporary hair dye doesn’t absorb as well if you’re using an alkaline based shampoo or conditioner. Make sure you’re washing with PHP neutral products before and whilst you’re wearing the dye.
- Do a strand test first, taking a small portion of hair from behind the ear and monitoring the progression of colour. This will give a good outline of what colour your hair will turn and can avoid disappointment if you are trying to dye a darker hair colour.
- Always wear gloves when applying temporary hair dye. Comb your hair thoroughly beforehand and don’t get any mixture in your eyes.
- Apply mixture evenly and thoroughly to your hair and leave in for as long as the packaging recommends at room temperature. Gentle dyes such as Manic Panic can be left in for hours to result in a more intense colour without any damage to the hair.
- Dye around the scalp and skin can be removed with vaseline or baby oil.
- Our temporary dyes can last up to 6 weeks. You can extend the length of time your hair will stay dyed by washing your hair less frequently or using dry shampoo instead.
- Always follow instructions on the packaging.
More unusual hair colours have become more and more popular over recent years. Long ago when Deadly shop owner was a punk she had a different colour hair every month. She tried many brands but found that Manic Panic were the best. We’ve even brought in her very favourite shade – Enchanted Forest!
Want to know more about Manic Panic?
Tish & Snooky’s® MANIC PANIC® NYC began on 7/7/77, when two N.Y.C.-born sisters, Tish and Snooky, added some extra ambition to their rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle. At the time, the sisters were singers in the original Blondie lineup, and few of the people who helped to ignite the late 70’s PUNK scene would have ever dreamt of the company’s current acceptance by the mainstream. Through MANIC PANIC’s® decades of evolution, it has become the internationally renowned hair colour and cosmetics company it is today. We have come a long way, baby, indeed!